In the tradition of reruns, syndication, and Netflix; I thought for Throwback Thursdays (#TBT) I would pull up some of my favorite posts. We’ll kick it off with
Calves Vs Babies!!
While changing my 2-month-old son’s diaper the other day, I thought to myself that I never have to do this to calves. And then I really started running with that thought until I came to this train wreck…
So with the help of his older sisters here are
1. While you may get up to feed them hungry calves do not wake you up at night.
2. When you take them on a trip you don’t have to put the calf in a “calf seat.”
3. You can legally sell a calf.
4. You never have to fear a calf crying in a movie theater, restaurant, or plane.
5. When you vaccinate a calf you can put it in a head chute.
6.You never have to burp a calf.
7. Calves do not need to be rocked to sleep.
8. You do not have to dress a calf.
9. Calves do not need any toys to play with.
10. You don’t have to change a calf’s diaper.
Are calves better than babies? Do you agree? Leave your comments below.
This may be a male/female difference, but they seem very similar to me. Both calves and babies are adorable. They both eat multiple times a day. They both need to be cleaned multiple times a day. They are both soft and wonderful to hold and hug. And most important of all, they both are our future! You’re right about the middle-of-the-night thing, though. However, as a side note, I once delivered a calf in the middle of the night out of one of my best first calf heifers. I was due the next day myself and indeed, I gave birth to my daughter the next day 🙂
I see the glass of milk half full now. Excellent points! Perhaps we learn how to be better caregivers from both of them. Now, that is a story of serendipity. Amazing.
M’dear hubby would definitely agree with you. I take babies over calves any day. They’re cuddly and smell better. Usually 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ha! Usually sums it up completely. 🙂