We take much care in raising our calves. By getting the calves off to a good start we make sure that we will have a good herd of cows in the future. The best cows always begin life as healthy calves. Continue reading
In the tradition of reruns, syndication, and Netflix; I thought for Throwback Thursdays (#TBT) I would pull up some of my favorite posts. We’ll kick it off with
Calves Vs Babies!!
While changing my 2-month-old son’s diaper the other day, I thought to myself that I never have to do this to calves. And then I really started running with that thought until I came to this train wreck…
So with the help of his older sisters here are
1. While you may get up to feed them hungry calves do not wake you up at night.
2. When you take them on a trip you don’t have to put the calf in a “calf seat.”
3. You can legally sell a calf.
4. You never have to fear a calf crying in a movie theater, restaurant, or plane.
5. When you vaccinate a calf you can put it in a head chute.
6.You never have to burp a calf.
7. Calves do not need to be rocked to sleep.
8. You do not have to dress a calf.
9. Calves do not need any toys to play with.
10. You don’t have to change a calf’s diaper.
Are calves better than babies? Do you agree? Leave your comments below.
Why do our calves do so well? I think it has to do with the fact that we do not neglect the arts. Here’s a clip of the calves attending dance practice.
Today I woke up on new time and felt like I’d tricked myself. You see we did not roll the clocks back yesterday morning like everyone else did. The cows, like me, don’t necessarily like change, and they dislike quick change more than anything. Change for them can include dropping milk production so we try to ease them into any new situation. Continue reading